Senior Python Developer
OMBU is a web technology agency based in Portland, Oregon. We build solutions that help our clients run their businesses. These are usually custom web applications, enterprise CMS, and cloud infrastructure. Our clients are non-profits, government agencies and corporate clients.
After a decade in business, we remain committed to being a small tight-knit team of senior-level designers, developers and project managers that love working together delivering innovative technology solutions. We trust and rely on each other heavily, and value creativity, pragmatism, independence and efficiency.
Our small team is our key asset, so we seek out the best talent in the industry. In addition to competitive compensation and excellent benefits, we are committed to our team's work/live balance. This is a remote (work from home) position, and we will consider a variety of desired employment arrangements, such full- and part-time employment, contracting, local (Portland, Oregon) and remote candidates.
The job responsibilities for the Senior Python Developer fall under three areas:
- Software architecture: Designing solutions to meet on business objectives and functional requirements gathered collaboratively with our clients. Using open source software to design high-performance, scalable and maintainable solutions.
- Implementation: Writing efficient test-driven software that elegantly implements functional requirements. We use Open Source software extensively, and work with the industry best tools and practices, from data security to development tooling.
- Mentoring: Our projects are team-based and require mentorship and collaboration.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- 5 or more years of experience with planning and executing enterprise web products in Python, ideally Django
- Experience as a development team lead, including code reviews and developer mentorship
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol, web application performance and scalability
- Experience architecting testable applications
- Experience contributing to open source projects
To apply, please submit the following:
- A brief description of your professional experience, or a resume
- A brief description of a technology project you led that you believe provides good background for this position
- A link to your Github profile, or a public project that shows your code or collaboration
- Confirmation that, if chosen as a finalist, you are able two give us two references from past positions similar to this one
Please review the application requirements listed in the job post and get in touch.