OMBU is a web technology agency based in Portland, Oregon. Our core services are planning, design and implementation of custom web applications, enterprise CMS, and cloud infrastructure.
Project Managers at OMBU help to shape and execute our projects, leading our client and internal team. A successful Project Manager at OMBU is highly-organized, driven, and thrives as the meeting point between our clients and team. This is an extremely rewarding opportunity, but it’s not for the faint of heart and it’s not an entry level position. We are looking for candidates with a demonstrable, successful track record delivering technology projects.
We are seeking out the best talent in the industry, so we will entertain a variety of arrangements, including full- and part-time employment, contractors, local and remote candidates.
The job responsibilities fall under three areas:
Project strategy: Collaborating with our clients, solution architects and designers to clearly define project requirements, project plans and acceptance criteria.
Project management: Managing the execution of projects by leading the project team to successful schedule and budget outcomes.
Quality assurance: Testing and coordinating defect resolution to ensure the delivery of high quality solutions to our clients.
- A passion for web technology and demonstrable exposure to complex technology projects
- Experience defining requirements for technology products, drafting proposals and statements of work
- Experience leading a team through technology projects at a consistent and predictable pace, and having fun while at it
- Experience managing schedules, budgets, and task priorities
- Superb time management and organization skills to stay ahead of projects
- Excellent communication skills, including demoing features to client teams, and the ability to navigate difficult conversations with clients
- A software development background is helpful but not required
To apply, please submit the following:
- A brief description of your professional experience, or a resume
- A brief description of a technology project you led that you think would be similar to our projects
- A brief description of your ideal team and work situation
- Confirmation that, if chosen as a finalist, you can provide two references from past positions similar to this one
Please review the application requirements listed in the job post and get in touch.